Saturday, January 01, 2011

A New Year. 2011.

Hello 2011.

Happy New Year, to everyone.

In the end I spent my last day of 2010 peacefully, at home.
"After all, 2011 is just another year and more time for us to do what we set out to accomplish."

I would love to think that way too.
And in fact I think most people think the same way.
What's different from today and yesterday?
It's just another brand new day,
same as what we had always been going through everyday.
Another year.

But if that's what I keep on thinking, it's not going to work out.
Time runs out one day.
We grow old one day.
Chances, opportunities slipped past us easily without us looking.

If we don't cherish what's in front of us,
and take the risk to say what we want to say, do what we want to do,
one day we would realize that there's still so many things
that we intended to do, but failed to do,
and possibly never ever able to do them in our life anymore.

When people set New Year resolutions,
what do they have in mind?
Are they really determined to accomplish all those things in that 365days?
Like really wanting to make sure that they can tick those things off in their checklist,
by the end of the year and get that wonderful sense of satisfaction?
Or are people just setting some goals 'cause it's been sorta like a annual routine,
and perhaps trying to complete some of the tasks,
while not really determined to finish off each and every of the things on the lists?

Sometimes I'm really lacking in determination and peseverance,
and I know it very clearly myself.
Yet I'm not doing anything,
that just shows how weak my mind is when it comes to these kind of things.

Maybe, I'll still try and set some realistic New Year resolutions,
and hope that 365 days later,
I can say proudly to myself, and everyone else that,
I've completed what I want to do for the year 2011
and I would be able to celebrate another new year with no regrets, at all.

As for now, I need to catch some sleep soon.
Probably playing ball tomorrow for a while.
So that's it.
One month left till NS.
Other than a camera-less phone, a new specs,
perhaps attempting to learn how to swim,
and training up my fitness level,
I guess there's nothing much I can do or need to do until 10 Feb '11.

And I just went to read my last post of 2009.
Hahah.
Much more meaningful than whatever I had been typing lately in my opinion.
Well, guess that somehow I just can't think the same as I did in the past.

And for the remaining time,
that's for enjoying life.(:

Wishing everyone a great year ahead,
for this is just the beginning of another wonderful year, 2011!!







Byeall.