Sunday, October 14, 2012

Less than that; but at the same time, more too.

Four more weeks of chiong sua, one week motorized platoon training, three weeks Rotation 3.

And that's it.
Is that all?
Suddenly it all become too fast.



But we're still looking forward to it.
If only we really get what we look forward to.
But reality always proves to be otherwise.

When we really think about it, it's not going to be that hard anyway.
At least this week's gonna be rather easy.
Just one day of outfield, few days of here and there training.
All seems to be too little in building up towards ROT3.
Then again when we think back about ROT1, ROT3 couldn't be much harder anyways.
MBOS training, platoon level training + missions.
Then it's company level training + missions, everything same with ROT1, just with terrex included.
And even if they only send us to startline using terrex, it just means that it'll be ROT1 all over again and I believe we can get through this easily.

The main concern is just the handing over.
It's never going to be easy.
Nothing's ever gonna be easy, but it's gonna be worth it.


Well really good luck to the new commanders.




One of my many many principles in dealing with people and doing things is always to 'put myself in their shoes'.
To understand what others are thinking, to see the rationale behind their actions, to know the reasons behind their decisions.
I believe this would help me to in turn make my own decision more correctly.
Then again, there's not such thing as right or wrong, only perceptions of people.

''The world is built upon the perceptions of different people."

And that's what I always believed in, and a book I recently read just states a similar thinking that reality doesn't exist, only perceptions do, or something like that.

And by being able to gain different perception of a single situation, it allows me to think from the point of everyone else thus more easily gaining a common understanding.
There're still people who work without rationales though, or rather just doing things with reasons which I've yet to be good enough to find out or realize.

And while I'm so sure I'll still go on and major in Psychology in university, I'm also sure that I'll be reading a lot of psychology even if I don't do so.
The bad thing that I really dislike is however over-analyzing everything, 'cause I've already been doing it all the time, and that the study of humans just make everything sound so logical and systematic that emotions cease to exist anymore.
Emotions are triggered by circumstances, then a thought, followed through by an action, the chain of reactions can be broken down and explained by psychologists, psychiatrists and the like, explained into specific details, how everything happened due to certain chromosomes and changes in the human brain.
While all these helps us to understand people better potentially, it makes humans sound like a machine with a certain input giving a definite output all the time.
Of course I know that in the end, there's still so many things about human beings that we don't know of yet, and things can never be definite when humans are involved.
It's just that certain things like emotions, anger, love, happiness, and things we feel are so natural and in us, when explained through scientific means, makes us understand ourselves better, yet at the same time too much that we seem like we cannot behave as we are anymore, since we understood that at the same time we can always take control of ourselves.

I don't know ultimately if it will be good or bad, for people to take control of themselves completely, being able to get happy as they want to, and calming the anger in their hearts whenever needed, take away the sorrow when they have to and all.
It makes human beings sound like machine once they know how much control they can have with themselves, and instead of behaving the natural way as they should have, start to do actions which they think would favour their situations the most.

Then again, out of so many people in the world, who would really understand all these and be in control of themselves all the time?
While attaining control can be great, being in control is also one of the worst things that can happen.

Especially being forced into being control of a situation, or having too much control of one self or people in general.

Thankfully, there're so many fields of psychology and so many schools of thought too, that it's in fact quite flexible even if some of the theories do coincide with each other even through different schools of thought.

That being said, it does truly interest me how people think, and while I'm not sure how far I would go in psychology, taking it as a major in university is more or less a certainty for me.
It would really be amazing if I can go far in psychology and even carving out a career in a certain area of psychology.
I don't really see that happening as of now though, since the field of psychology is just too big.

Just to name a few off the head, clinical psychology, counselling psychology, forensic psychology, criminal psychology, child psychology, education psychology, consumer psychology, cognitive psychology, genetic psychology, biological psychology, sports psychology, so on and so forth.

Almost everything can be related to psychology, just as how things are all related to science.
And with every specific profession, occupation, or just group of people, there is an aspect of psychology to deal with them; just look at education psychology, child psychology, criminal psychology, sports psychology, which  deal with students, children, criminals and sportsman respectively.

Glad to say, I'm excited in a few of these, and at least interested in many of these aspects of psychology.
Not to say that I'll be able to go far in any of these though, since the programme offered in Singapore are usually too broad and general, usually with concentration on fundamentals and more commonly studied topics.



Really, four more weeks.
This is just next to impossible to get out from my head.

What I really gotta know though, is what will be happening after that.

And till now, it's still an uncertainty to me.

While I can almost smell freedom, I just feared that it will look so different from what I've ever imagined so far.

For now, it's 3.15am and I'm still not a bit tired.
Okay, maybe a bit, just a bit.
I think I'm quite in love with writing down my thoughts and stuff.
Really need to up the standard of both my English and Chinese language though.

Had wrote much of what I wanted to post, so long for now.









Byeall.