Monday, December 03, 2012

One More Week.

And here we are, officially stepping into the last week of our national service, with one foot already out in the civilian world.

Listening to Kiss92 FM now, thanks to Zhi Hui's recommendation.
And it surprisingly played Paradise like half an hour after we were talking about it and how 91.3FM was constantly playing it back then when it was just released, because 91.3FM was the station in my company office and I was forced to listen to the song dozens of times.
And that made me realize why is Kiss92 so good, because it extracts information from its audience in some way and play songs that are relevant to us.
Creepy eh?

Well was intending to watch 'The Help' but started chatting and listening to radio instead.


Anyways, let's just continue from last Wednesday for now.
Booked in on Tuesday night to be Wednesday DS, and found out that I'm the CDS, PC6 gonna be DO, and the CDO PS6 is gonna be BOS.
Well, just great.
Had to bring the platoon for breakfast too because Brandon returned from AWOL and needs two specs to look after him.
Wrong, had to bring two platoons to breakfast because there's no DS for Platoon 6.
Then, had to bring three platoons back from cookhouse because Chwan Rong had to do COS duty.
Already started the morning damn nicely.... good.

Joined the RANGER PT and it indeed lived up to its name.
I felt that it was only level 1 though, and good luck to the people who are staying for next year 'cause I don't know how many levels will there be to this insanity.
Nothing much after that until lunch, and Chwan Rong and Serkiat returned in time to bring their platoon for lunch.
Return from where? Medical Centre for Medical FFI for Brandon who's gonna get sent to DB on that day.
And who's going with him? Chwan Rong and Ser Kiat the 2 DS who coincidentally have guard duty too.
First time seeing CDS having to do so much work.
And so I went to bring the men to exchange their old boots all by myself, bring the three platoons to dinner, and conducted parade before nights out too.
All by myself when you have some others in camp too.
Some others who don't know how to do shit.
Sigh.
And the HQ DS couldn't make it back in time so I literally conducted last parade myself, counting the strength of the entire company.
I guess that's why I'm the best commander.
For the last quarter only though.
And that finally ended my day as the CDS, with all the second year commanders back as well.

Nothing much for Thursday, just had ibos shit for the whole day.
Took charge of the hand grenade station with Tim, well it was normal.
Nothing much worth mentioning.
And Friday, even less, in the morning.
Had lunch with CO and RSM in the afternoon, and found out that Shafiq is gonna be the best commander of the year.
Damn good man.
Had parade in the afternoon, finally handed over to the second year officially.... and that too marks this end of our time in 2SIR, as we received our ORD plaque with our testimonials and stuff too.

Soon after, the men all booked out and we headed to the mess for our dinner and so-called ORD function.
A mini one, that is, but good enough, especially with Jotham as the emcee, for one good last time.
And I believe we all fulfilled our ORD wish when CSM finally danced to Gangnam Style.
Seriously exactly like Psy hahaha.
Received the golden cap badge which I never had a chance to wear too. ):
And I'm really quite saddened by that fact that I told myself I just gonna go back camp and wear long four so I get to wear my jockey cap with a golden badge.
Had much fun during that night too, but everything has to come to an end.
And as the dinner ended, our time in 2SIR had finally ended too.
With just a week remaining, and most of us probably not even returning except to complete the survey and to collect our IC, we would soon begin our next phase of life.
Will really miss this place though.
The people, the memories, everything, all the small things we used to do, waking up, slacking, going canteen in the morning, outfield, high kneeling and finally seeing each other from different platoons during movement and at the objective, everytime sharing our stories during re-org especially when we're all at the CCP, and many many tons of other things and memories we share together.
Everything that happened and everyone I met there made my NS experience even more special.
And even though I had tons of memories in my first year too as a recruit and a cadet, these memories are different as I had them as a sergeant, a commander, and I got to experience what life is like as a section commander in a unit too.


Still it's finally time to move on and even though things will get better, I believe it will, as usual, be hard for me to adapt to the changes in my life again.
Gonna book in on Tues afternoon in order to catch the OC's COC parade in late afternoon and possibly speak to OC for the last time.
Well nowadays with Facebook it's hard to say that we will be speaking to anyone for one last time though, and even when your good friends go all the way to Africa Antartica South America you can get to communicate with them too, as long as Internet is made available.

Then probably gonna stay all the way from Tues to Fri, doing whatever I can do for one more last time in camp.
'Cause from then on I'll be a full-fledged civilian once more, leading a life of freedom. (:
Okay not so exaggerated but well, you get what I'm trying to say.
There's still tons of other things for me to go and do though.
So I should probably come up with some sort of plan to ensure that I don't slack off, and to find a job to keep me occupied too when I have nothing to do.

Going Mt Faber in the afternoon to try and clear my 180++ e-mart credits.
Hopefully there will be more useful stuff over there for me to spend my credits on other than just shoes and everything only applicable in army.

And the next post, shall be written when I finally get to meet my pink IC once more.










Byeall.