Enriching your life.
Well actually gotta sleep soon but I still felt that I have to blog.
After all I wasted whole of my five days break last week and I didn't even blog.
Speaking of the five days break, I just suddenly got a random illness again but well it's alright now already.
And by the way the 50th anniversary was fine, was raining on the day itself, turned into a drizzle and finally stopped right before the parade.
Had a rest day the next day then another short day before booking out in the afternoon.
Went to Sentosa for battalion outing, did nothing much, walked around quite a bit in Vivo then headed home without getting any stuff.
And then starts my five days break which I sorta wasted away but went out enough anyway.
First went dinner with Suting and the others on Sat night.
Went to Maxwell there to have buffet BBQ, satisfying enough I'd say.
Been a while since I last went out with them and Kenny and GY are both enlisting this week already man.
Suting and Pan soon too in few months' time, just before I ORD.
So went to watch 'The Dark Knight Rises' on the next day.
Amazing film to end off the trilogy and mark it as one of the best superheroes movie series ever.
Probably the best now, and will still be one of the best in time to come when even more superhero movies will be made in the future.
Rested on both Mon and Tues before booking in for the short 3 days week.
Didn't have much things to do in camp too, and the thing I did most was actually playing basketball.
Finally able to play with the men more and it's gonna be so much more fun now.
We should just limit the number of men joining though and it would be great already.
Booked out on Fri alone 'cause Ser Kiat's COS agian.
Then it's another tedious day at Marina for NDP rehearsal.
Watched 'Hysteria' out of boredom and we totally didn't know what it's gonna be about before we watch it.
And even when it started it looked so boring and different from any other films I've watched that I totally don't know what to expect from it.
It ended up fine as it turned out to be a film of the story regarding the invention of vibrator, now that's something I'd have never expected when I stepped into the cinema that day.
It's some cool shit though.
Perhaps I should watch more British movies like this.
Met up with Teck Li today just hours before he books in.
And gosh it's been like, freakin', freakin', freakin' long since I last saw him or even contacted him at all.
Didn't even know he moved to AMK man but well it's been this way for like one and a half year already.
And also many other things we talked about, but obviously most of it was still about army.
Quite interesting to know that he's an audiophile though.
So happy to learn something new again about my friend, and obviously I'll want to be able to meet up with him more compared to how much we had met up since JC or even Sec Sch.
Damn glad that he took the time to meet up with me too, just simply after I left a message on his Facebook wall.
And this is just what I meant about putting in effort in doing what you want to see happen.
So many people had been saying 'meet up soon' that I know they don't mean it anymore.
And even if they do, no one really has the time or is willing to put in the effort to organize something, no matter how simple it is, for people to meet up together.
That's also why I'm so happy to receive his message while at Marina asking to meet up.
And so we did just now, wasn't that hard is it?
Perhaps when I get more free... and I realized no time/busy/whatever is just an excuse...
I'll try to contact more of my friends soon to catch up with them.
Doesn't mean that now with Facebook and whatever advanced technology you don't have to meet up with friends and chat face to face with them anymore.
Only that the fear of disturbing my friends had been stopping me from approaching many of them.
But well, someone has to take the first step anyway, and just by leaving a message on Teck Li's wall has gotten us to meet up.
It's as simple as that.
Facebook should be use as a platform for us to continually engage and keep in touch with our friends instead of an excuse to stop us from continuing to be friends like how people in the past did.
Well now that I've basically recorded my life in the past two weeks, I'm gonna catch some sleep before waking up in 3hours+ time.
COS duty... sigh I hope I either make good use of the time tomorrow to sleep enough or do some other stuff.
I classify playing Digimon World 3 as making good use of my time too by the way hahaha.
May this week be a great one, to be able to pass VOC, and that I'll get to enjoy my next weekend as much as I did for today and the last one.
Time to learn and start living an even more enriching life, which would soon be even more enriching after I get to convert back into a civilian.
Byeall.