Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Argo: "The movie was fake. The mission was real."

Argo was fascinating.


Okay let's start from Monday.

Went for our combat shoot at Section Live Firing Area near PLC and NTU there.
True enough, it's fairly easy to get a score high enough for us to get marksman for certain after shooting InAD on Friday.
What's amazing is that people like Hilmi hitting 20 both for day and night, and even for the night reshoot shot a respectable 19.
Well I guess as long as all of us gonna get our marksman, anything's fine.
I didn't shot too well, but not bad still, good enough to guarantee ourselves marksman and that's it.

So stayed over in camp after returning from range as it was 12plus 1 already.
Left early at around 7, went breakfast with Dad after he picked me up and dropped Ser Kiat off at his house.
Came back home, slacked a little before sleeping some more.
Woke up in the afternoon and used computer for a while before leaving house.

Reached Marina Square at 6.30pm, too early.
Somehow Tim/Steven/whoever initiated a platoon 5's commanders' outing/dinner.
Well, only both of them, myself and Hilmi turned up though.
More like a platoon 5 Dec ORD personnel dinner.
It was nice though, to be able to meet up outside, have a meal and all, since most of the time we meet, we're in camp and the only other times we go out together are during nights out and that's all.
Daryl couldn't make it though.

So at 6.30pm I decided to visit Times bookstore, attempting to search for 'Understand Applied Psychology'.
However there wasn't any in the store, yet I found 'Psych 101' which interested me much too.
Bought it right away.

Met Tim after that and waited a while for Steven to arrive.
Hilmi only reached an hour after the agreed time.
Sleep sleep sleep zzzzZ.
So the three of us bought tickets first, and decided to eat Turkish Cuisine after Steven mentioned it as an option.
It was a good meal, the food and the company.
The price was nice too.
Four people eating a dinner priced at $190.
Wow.
Money well spent I guess.
Another form of "Happy Money" I guess, as I mentioned the night before.

Watched "Argo", think it just came out on the day itself.
Fantastic movie.
Perhaps my opinion is swayed by the overwhelming amount of positive reviews and critics about the movie, but the movie itself was indeed at least a great one.
Especially when it's based on a true story, it's probably hard to make a better movie out of this story.
The pace of the movie was just nice, fast enough to keep me entertained, yet not too fast that I can't catch up with the story.
The plot is interesting too with little bits of comedic factors here and there.
And the most amazing part is how realistic this had to be, being based on a true story.
All in all, a movie worth watching.

So we went home straight after the show.
Took MRT and happened to still catch 293 home, lucky.
Scout meeting later on, but I'll probably give it a miss looking at how late I got home and the fact that I'm still up now.
Can't visit them on Friday too.
Hopefully I'll be able to do so on next Wednesday.

Shall stop right here right now and get to bed soon.
Sleeping late all the time these few days is probably the reason why my cough/flu wasn't able to recover at all.









Byeall.