Sunday, November 11, 2012

Start planting an apple tree.

Just less than a week ago, everything was finally over.
And it felt like an eternity.


Then again, it's not exactly over yet.

Combat shoot tomorrow and on Friday, coy cohesion on Thursday.
Will still be in camp for at least three days this week.

And everyone seems to be so immersed in the ORD mood that everything else is of little to no importance to them anymore.
Can't blame them.
Once again, people have different mindsets, thinkings, and perceptions of different situations and things and each of us can't possibly force our own thoughts into other people's mind simply because we dislike their mindset and think that ours is 'more correct'.
It's tough to see shit happening everyday to people and can't do a thing about it though.
A simply change of perception can already open up yourself to a brand new world, yet some choose to confine themselves within their own small little space isolated by bricks built up by themselves, leaving just a small hole to look at the outside world, thus limiting the things they see and affecting their perception of this world.

The world is built upon perception.
And if this is happening, the world becomes ever more limited, and how can we progress if each of us care only for ourselves and for nothing else?

Still too advanced for me I guess.
For now let's just still carry on to do my best, do what I can, and hopefully finish up my NS journey beautifully.



Then what's afterwards?
8 more months to university.
Seems like 8 months to Scouting to be involved in.
Am I up to it? I'll never know till I try.
And even with this there's still so many other things to get involved in and to do.
Driving license, traveling(?), sketching, learning new skills, reading, etc.

Art is not necessary in life, but art is what enriches your life.
If merely surviving is enough for you, then maybe you haven't try living before, because once you start living your life then will you realize how much more there is to life than just struggling to survive.
Not just art, many other things around us which can possibly enrich our experiences in our journey towards discovering ourselves better and developing ourselves into a more complete soul.



Wonder why do I sound so chim today.
Then again, penning down thoughts here and there every now and there is extremely useful as a record of one's growth.
Perhaps ten years later looking back at this place, I'd realized how foolish or childish I had been, with ten years of experience hopefully helping me to gain a more complete view of the world and people in general.
Perhaps I'd be able to prove what I'm thinking now.



But then again, we'll never know till we try, right?






PLC Hike/Camp [Vision Quest 2012] is over as well.
Seemed like it's quite successful and that's good enough.
What had always not been happening however is the sustainability.
Without it, whatever we had built up will crumble one day.
And with ourselves having more free time after NS, perhaps it's time to resolve this problem.

Having foresight is never easy, but having foresight is what makes you able to deal with everything in the long run.

Then again, we'll never know what's gonna happen all the time.
But as with the quote, "Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree." -- Martin Luther

No matter what happens the next day, the next hour, the next minute, or even the next second, the most important thing at the moment is to try, to do something about it, to get started.
Because you do not know what might happen, so if you do not do so, you'll never know what could've happened.


So try because you don't know what might happen, if not you'll never know what could've happened.








Byeall.