Monday, December 24, 2012

A week to last.

Wow haven't blogged for a week and a half already.
And I still thought it was just days ago when I ORDed, when we'd already 'survived 2012' and it's X'mas Eve now.


Not like I did anything much from the last post though, and maybe that's why the time past felt shorter because nothing's going on pretty much.

I think I need to force myself to continue to sketch my next piece tonight, later on.
Okay that aside....


Just came back from Solo Night this morning.
Well just went there yesterday morning too, it's Solo Night after all, won't be staying anything more than a day.
It was quite good going back to Pulau Ubin though, after three years.
And it's definitely an island we'd rather go to, as compared to a certain other island we spent our two months on, starting almost two years ago.
Time really flies, huh.

Solo Night could've been much more fun for us if not for the crazy thunderstorm though.
Nevertheless, we still had our BBQ which was somewhat the highlight of the camp for us already.
Didn't really do much over there either, since by night time everywhere was dark and there was nothing much we could've done.
Talk cock a little, feed the fire etc. Typical stuff we do on camps or in Ubin.
Pulled out of Ubin at around 9plus, had breakfast and went home to sleep until 3pm.
Hasn't been doing anything productive since then too.

Now rewind to last week.
Nothing much notable happened too.
Just remembered that I stayed home almost everyday ever since the last time I went out with the Air Weapons people.
At most going out a while or what with parents, if not, it's just home myself my computer and nothing else.
Ohh but I finally changed phone last week.
HTC One X+
Been keeping a look out for it for quite a damn while already, and finally got my hands on it.
Would've preferred the black coloured version, but the white one's not too bad either.
And so I finally have Whatsapp zzzZ.
And 3G and blah blah blah.
Can't really believe how I survived army with my basic Nokia phone and my XpressMusic from J1.
But I did anyways.
And in these two years it was really the time for rise of the smartphones, and even now the technology advances at a pace far faster than we could had ever imagined.

Christmas Eve.
Last week of 2012.
And all the talk about 21st Dec '12.
Well I didn't believe it anyway, but still the date and the year itself holds some memorable moments equivalent to year 2000, 1997, 2006 and many many other years which holds the prophecy of doomsday.
2012 was really quite big though.
Perhaps again because of advanced technology the world now possesses, which increase the speed of communication around the world by folds compared to what it was like years ago.
Add on the ever growing effect of social media and new media alike, 2012 almost really become true thanks to all the speculations and attention given to it from all over the world.
Wonder what are the believers of 2012 thinking presently though, now that the supposed date in which the world shall end has past already and we are all still standing well here.
Well, all except for people getting killed by mass murderers and such.

So for the final week of 2012, I guess I'm gonna say pretty much the same thing I told myself last year, which is to cherish the remaining time in this year, and do the best that we can, finish up whatever goals we set out for ourselves to achieve, review what we did and reflect on ourselves.
After all, other than being a occasion for celebrations and people to send greetings to one another, New Year is all about new beginnings, restarting ourselves, getting ready and fired up to have a go at another year, hoping that we would all do better than the year before and accomplish what we want to do.
Now that it's just a week away from New Year, we should really really take this short period of time to think back and reflect, and then using whatever conclusion and thoughts we came up with, to think ahead for the New Year and just basically get ready to receive 2013.

And for the final weekend of 2012, I'll be spending it with 23/09 in Krabi.
Hopefully it will be a fun-filled and interesting trip.
And when we're back to Singapore, we will be expected to be ready for another new year, another new beginning.









Byeall.