Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Over busy, busy over.

Had a pretty hectic weekend.

Especially so when compared to the other days recently.

Started off with a visit to the temple on Saturday morning, followed by Mum going to Giant and thus me and Dad to take a look around Courts and Ikea for a while.
Back to home after quite some time and it was just a little more before I had to head to the airport for another leaders' meeting.
Took quite some time for everyone to reach and the meeting to start, as usual.
And took an even longer time for it to end, obviously.
We still had to leave before 12am though, one of the reasons we chose airport as the location since it restricts us on the time and would probably help to end our meeting on time.

Well, we did leave by 12am, the thing is, we went to Jalan Kayu to have supper and continue talking instead, after we got ourselves a vehicle to transport us.
Maybe I should not have went since I gotta wake up early the next morning, but well, I did anyways.

Reached home around 4am and had only a few hours to sleep.
Woke up just before 9 and headed out for basketball session.
Ended up at Fengshan CC since Eunos CC was being used for some function or what.
Finally played ball after almost two months of not balling.
And finally got to try out my new shoes too.
It was just splendid.
Great shoes.
So glad I got Huang Rui to help me get them.

Went home around 1pm to have lunch and supposedly to rest up a bit.
Didn't rest at all in the end.
Sort of expected that to happen anyway.
Got out for movie at 3.30pm, Ah Boys to Men 2 with PLCo7.
I won't say that the movie is a really good one, but it was definitely one to have hit the right spots in people's hearts, especially with those who had served the nation.
It is a nice movie, but definitely not a great movie.
That being said, I, similarly to many others, was reminded of my BMT times too and all the memories I had in the army.
Good times, good times.
And really fun times too.

Straight after that, went to chill a bit around before going to airport to meet the first year platoon 5 commanders.
Been a while since I met them and it was definitely good seeing them again, especially with Tim flying off in less than ten days for his studies.
Had a good dinner with them and eventually most of the other commanders turned up as well to send the men off to Brunei.
Was great seeing the men too, though it was pretty heart-breaking listening to how effed up things have gotten since we left.
Ohh, Hilmi and I met up with a few of them last Thursday for dinner too.
And from what they said, things were really bad but I hope they were just exaggerating things like they always do.
Seeing how the commanders are still sort of surviving gives me at least a little hope that things are still not so bad and could take a turn for the better anytime soon.
Well, they are all in Brunei now, probably all settled down and getting ready for training soon.
Two weeks isn't all that long anyway, but still hope that all of them would train well, do their best, and return safely two weeks later.

And I only returned home at 2plus and still slept pretty late as well.

That marks the end of my hectic weekend and now I'm back to usual boring days.
Which I am actually feeling relieved about since I just had my share of being a busy man and had enough of rushing everywhere having doing so many things all at once.

Sometimes I truly wonder why can't my schedule be more spread out instead of squeezing many events at one time then leaving me with no idea of what to do at all at another period of time.
Just a weird trend I observe but probably not something I have much control over as of now.

I should probably not wake up so late anymore though.
Sleeping early is still a pretty tough thing for me, but at least I should try waking up early.
Then as I wake up earlier and earlier, I will eventually start to sleep early.
Right? No? I certainly hope that's the case but I still have to start waking up early in the first place.

Nostalgia caught up with me again as I felt the sudden rush over me wanting to watch or play Pokemon again.

This is of course not something new, just as with how I felt with every other things which remind me of the past.
But I do wonder if spending time, and not just a bit of time, every now and then on the past is healthy or not.

Especially when the time I spent doing so are usually after midnight, and even if I do it in the day it usually takes up an entire day.
That's how powerful nostalgia is.
At least for me.

But I am really considering spending a little more time to watching some Pokemon anime, be it the old first few seasons ones, or perhaps trying out some new ones to see how things have changed but how some things still stay the same.
For example, Pikachu.
Remembered seeing an episode of Pokemon just last year or so, and seeing Pikachu is already enough to invoke all the feelings I had in the past regarding Pokemon.
They sure chose a good enough mascot to represent Pokemon and to promote it.

And since they are going to come out with a new game this year, a new generation even, I am actually thinking if I should invest in a 3DS just for this, and of course so that I have another form of entertainment too.
Sixth generation of the Pokemon franchise already.
Wow. How time flies, right.
In time to come I'm sure I will find out if I really would give it a try once more, and seeing how successful Pokemon was and still more or less is, chances are trying the new game might turn out to be a good choice after all.

But for now, it's bed time again.
Getting on to my bed just as some are getting out of theirs is seriously killing my brain cells and various parts of my body slowly.
And even knowing that doesn't stop me from doing so.
Sigh.


>>Ohh and looking at my Facebook news feed now, it just reminded me of how I got into this situation of spending my past hours on Pokemon and stuff. OMG facts actually just posted "9 facts even Pokemon superfans don't know" hours ago. Thanks OMG facts. What else can I say man.









Byeall.