Sunday, April 14, 2013

Entitlement.

Had wanted to blog like yesterday, I think, or few days before.
Somehow didn't manage to do so then.

Let's just start with a typical recap to my life continuing from the previous post.

Down for meeting on Wednesday as usual; pretty much nothing much to talk about.

Thursday, went to finally catch a movie with Chandan, JJ, GY at tmall.
Watched Oblivion.
Been so damn long since I've been to the theatres.
Not too bad movie, not exactly brilliant either.
Just nice I supposed.

It somehow sparked an over-usage of the phrase "are you an effective team?" by Chandan though.
That aside, hopefully that more good movies coming up will bring me to the cinemas slightly more again.
Not that it's somewhere I would like to visit every two weeks or so, but catching a movie at the theatres provides a different experience to watching one at home, in front of your computer or the television; especially if it's a good movie.
Next big thing coming up should be Iron Man 3.
Was never really a big fan of Iron Man, didn't even catch the first two movies in the cinemas; instead, I watched both in my bunk on my bed before sleeping using my Walkman Z.
Typical movie nowadays which attract people with the same few factors; dramatic visual effects, not-too-bad storyline, injection of humour every now and then, and the use of charisma by the actors/actresses, in this case, Robert Downey Jr.

And of course superheroes movies like these would typically attract comics and superheroes lovers as well.
Using the mega blockbuster that is "The Avengers" as a ruse to create more hype in all the movies filmed under the same cinematic world of course worked extremely well to their advantage too.
That being said, "The Avengers" is certainly still a really well-made film by itself and would probably garner just as much attention and hype even without all these.

Well enough of being a movie critic and stuff.
Still, one thing I just have to say is while I understand that everyone is entitled to their own views, I certainly still cannot get how people cannot understand that.
And also the fact that they just have to voice their opinions out loud to the world as if what they believe is not just their view but what they think should be 'correct'.


To many of such things, movies, food, games, shows, plays and stuff, there's no real definition of good or bad, but really to whether you like it or not.
Popularity is really more of a factor which determines how 'good' something is.
Then again, if you're trying to be objective, criteria, clear and well defined rules, these are what help to determine the quality of something, not simply based on opinions and thoughts because everyone thinks differently and sees something from a slightly different angle.
One simple way to explain this is just how a movie deemed to be good by international judges, professional critics and such might not be to your liking at all; while really popular shows and the ones that generate huge revenue might not even be consider to be anything more than an above average film.

I guess I still can't learn on how to cut down my words, still circling around this topic after many many lines of typing.

Sometimes, thought, getting things out of your mind is probably one of the better things to do because who knows how much can your mind really hold anyways.
And that's what blogging is for.


Moving on, it's another Scouts' meeting on Friday; finally the first uniform meeting of the term.
School's activities had been really disruptive though, cutting down so many meetings from the already small amount of meetings we could have.
Went to dinner at Mac's after that with few of the PLC members and Chandan too.
It was then only that I realized that it might have been quite a while since the last time I had Mac's.
One month, two months? Or even more than that maybe.
Thousand island fillet wasn't exactly much tastier than it's normal counterpart though, not that it was really important anyways.

Didn't do much on Saturday, just another rest day for me.
Although the week wasn't really hectic, I still feel that it's always good that I spend at least one or two days at home entirely without doing much to recharge a little and get ready for more things in life.

Well, not that I'm expecting much, and this sort of hinders with my productivity too, but spending some time watching shows, reading, or simply finding things to do could actually help to increase productivity when I'm doing work.
Okay and right when I thought of that, I just realized it could have just be a form of rationalization and occurs due to cognitive dissonance.
Alright, I read about it before but still had to Google it up for the exact terms.

Just imagine when I start school and really start learning more about Psych, I will be analyzing myself all the time. :O
Good thing, more self-discovery; bad thing, I'll probably just confuse myself more and more lol.

All that aside, I still truly believe that I need some rest at some point of time.
Reason being, everyone does.
If you tell me that you can work tirelessly 24/7 for whatever cause, I will truly salute you for it and you deserve to earn what you set out to get more than anyone else.

Truth is, even if there's anyone who can do so, not many can.


Met up with RW they all on Saturday too, at night, to discuss about our supposed overseas trip.
Made some progress there and it actually sounds like we are gonna pull it off soon.
Perhaps, as long as someone is actually willing to start doing something, or rather, everything for everyone.
RW was pretty unhappy at the start though, and he was so hungry too that I can't decide if he's more hungry or more unhappy at the fact that everyone's late despite Terry claiming that he's gonna reach in 15minutes.
He took four times longer than that, by the way.
Went home at 10pm to catch the Arsenal match.
Typical match by Arsenal of recent times.
Like what Fattah put it, Arsenal puts its fans through a lot of emotions in a game.
Usually frustration for more than half the game, in this case, almost throughout the game; followed by a sense of relief at the end of the game.
I don't get how it's so easily to get tensed up when Norwich had to defend their one goal lead for more than half an hour while we only had to defend our lead for 10minutes or so.
I guess, it's just the ability of Arsenal that puts its fans through all these emotions.
Well, at least they won.


Went to ball this morning, Eunos CC due to the bad weather in the morning.
Really really tiring session today though.
Felt sleepy almost throughout the entire day after that.
And keep feeling hungry as well.
Am hungry as I'm typing now with my supper in front of me but which I do not wish to start on until I'm done with this post in order not to disrupt my train of thoughts, if there's any, at all.

Okay and thinking about food just sort of disrupted my train of thoughts...

Anyways, came home and had been watching Criminal Minds for most of the time ever since.
Completed another 4 episodes of Season 3 and probably at least one more when I start on my supper.
Should probably catch up to the latest season before I start school.
Well, August's still kinda a while away from now actually, especially since I'm not working, not 8-5, Mon to Fri at least anyways.
Would really be good if I can find more short term jobs to maintain a certain amount of income though, and probably to keep myself occupied when there's not Scouts to worry about.

Passed my BTT and booked my FTT to be on 3rd June as well.
First driving lesson to be on Tuesday.
Hopefully I'll be ready for TP by mid-June or so, or end-June, since by the time I get to book I'll probably get July or August earliest anyways.

Okay, shall stop here for now.
Off for my supper and more Criminal Minds.














Byeall.