Some things you have to look deeper.
Took IPPT today.
Missed Gold standard timing for 2.4km by a whole total of 1 minute.
Well, actually slightly more than that.
Disappointing run. ):
Especially when I can see myself acing all the static stations still.
Guess I really gotta start running, build up some stamina and train myself to be really fit.
Really want to get Gold for every IPPT from now on.
Probably won't get to re-test again for my Year 0's window, but Year 1 onwards, it's Gold all the way.
Year 1's starting after this weekend though.
And that means training must start soon rather than later.
Best to clear this kinda stuff as soon as possible after all.
I guess after so long, all the time's that's passed, all the changes to things, people, myself, I still do enjoy blogging.
Logging down moments of my life so that I do not forget them later on, writing down thoughts about everything, recording how my views and opinions changed over time; I'm a very forgetful person, and people, generally, lose sight of themselves as easily as how they lose sight of things right in front of them.
And I guess, I just enjoy writing in general as well.
Even with my sub-par proficiency in the English language and low level of expression.
Or this just stems from my inability to move on from things in life.
It seems like people has gotten over the stage of blogging; perhaps to them it was just a phase in their life, and now they have grown up, changed, matured, blogging isn't something for them anymore.
It's not the 'in' thing anymore, at least not like in the past, not the trendy stuff you see people talk about and do every single day.
You have Facebook, twitter, Instagram, pinterest, linked in, so on and so forth.
Social networks providing a level platform for everyone to share their thoughts, interests and stuff.
More options, more functions, larger audience.
At the same time it's not really tough to visualize how these will eventually fade away in the future too though.
Like blogging, like friendster, like every other things people abandon once they realized they don't need it in their life anymore.
And if Facebook happens to just survive till a hundred years later somehow, it would become a giant online cemetry for millions of people. :O
Read that somewhere and thought it was extremely true as well.
Things like this, they grow at such an accelerating pace that one day no one will be able to control it anymore, and when that day comes, things will start to go into decline at a surprising rate.
Whole same cycle again.
Rinse and repeat.
Just read about Nikola Tesla a while ago.
Chanced upon some facts of him on tumblr and thought I'll do a quick Google about him.
It turns out that he was such a great man, but one that could possible be forgotten by the general public as easily as how people sees strangers passing them by everyday on the way to work.
His achievements had indeed reached us all though; and his mind is definitely out of the world.
A great man is certainly not judged by how smart he is, although Nikola Tesla was totally in a league of his own, save for a few special others, but what defines his greatness is his personality as well.
I shall not spend too much time trying to act all Google or Wikipedia on him, so do search him up using those to find out more about him.
Alternatively, this will be a really interesting and good read on him as well:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla
It will perhaps even give you some insights to Thomas Edison too; know widely as the inventor of light bulbs.
These two days had been really alright, not as hectic as how I would've imagined it to be.
The crazy sudden downpour sorta spoiled my plans yesterday though.
Scout meeting tomorrow again, only once this week thanks to Combined Sports Day on Friday.
Weird reason to cancel a CCA session though.
Next up would be BTT next Monday, and probably from then on chionging of driving lessons to keep me occupied of the time not spent on Scouts or other personal stuff.
In other words, time not spent sleeping.
And that is exactly what I'm going to do now.
Byeall.