Goodbye 2013; Hello 2014.
Had wanted to blog before I went out for dinner just now, but forgotten.
Stayed home yesterday and had dinner at Liang Court just now.
Nothing much else to say to round up my 2013; but I shall now try and do a full 2013 review before I sleep for the first time in 2014.
Started off the year feeling not-too-bad about it having just ORDed a month earlier.
Also started off the year going back to the Troop more to help out, taking up the ASL role as well.
Would consider it a really good use of my free time after ORD, although as the days go by I might have been able to benefit more or so-called gain more by involving myself in other things, or simply working.
I know that I would definitely have been to gain much more income by just working though, but that's another point.
That would go on all the way, but in March I finally took up a part-time job; just a six days temporary staff at OCBC, Woodlands branch.
I haven't been banks regularly, and it's not like I'm very interested in banking or in working in banks either, but I would like to say that I've learnt quite a bit about banking, customer service and such in that short period of time.
Appreciation is truly a very important aspect in our lives.
And it's usually what keeps us going on as well; feeling appreciated really helps you to lessen the pain or suffering and pushes you on in whatever you're doing because you know that people do recognize your efforts.
Job Week Camp during March as well; and that's the start of how things crumble.
2013 might be quite a great year for me in my opinion, but definitely not a very good one for the Troop.
Come April and it's time I turn adult.
Adulthood doesn't feel much different from being a teenager; then again I guess it's because that I'm still a student.
Just four months later it's gonna be 22 already, time indeed flies and we are all growing up.
Really grateful for my brothers coming down to my void deck to celebrate the last moments of my birthday with me, as I spent the day at home just like how I usually spent my birthday.
Even though I haven't really touch their present since that night... but well guess I'll still try to utilize it somehow and not let it go into waste.
As much as I like to make use of technology to make things easier and increase efficiency, I'll still prefer traditional media in many cases and this just happen to be one of it.
Even my sketches are simply in black and white, no colours.
But well things change and people grow, perhaps it's time I add more colours in my sketches, art and in my life from now on.
May and June are just all about Scouting as well; with the Annual June Training Camp and DPC both in June.
It's quite an experience, I wouldn't say that it's a good one, but still in everything we learn and we grow.
A bad experience doesn't mean that it's not a useful one.
Tried invigilating for MJC's midyears too.
It's not easy to wake up early again after having an extremely screwed up sleep cycle since ORD.
The period when I worked at OCBC wasn't easy as well, but also made me realize that it's something I can adapt to if I really force myself to do it.
Invigilation is a much more boring job, it helps that it is easy though.
But doesn't help that almost everyone was from MJC, same batch, and that I don't know everyone else.
Talked to some people a bit during that period of time, but no real friends made, no really real things learnt, other than the money I think that I perhaps gain nothing out of it...
Still not too bad experience I guess, got to try out how it feels like to be on the other side of the examination hall.
Then when July comes, it's just a month to school as summer comes to an end.
Well there isn't really obvious seasonal changes in Singapore but whatever.
It's the last month to do what I want and well, I didn't really do anything big or what; it's still Scouting, and, I guess nothing much else really.
Got my reply from CAPT at the last minute on the night before my Arts Orientation Week; so relieved that my accommodation at NUS is secured and that there's no 3,4 hours wasted in commuting to and fro daily.
Went for Arts O Week and I'm really glad to say that I was in S1.
Met many new friends and although I don't hang out with everyone all the time, I can say that there are many who I'll consider as friends or even good friends who will stay so in years to come.
Okay maybe too early to say but I believe the times we shared during the camp is gonna be one of the best times in our university lives.
Best OG, AGAIN, after having gotten the title back in JC.
JC's OG wasn't that tight though, so I'd really hoped that we can stay close as one OG in time to come for S1.
Really really happy to be in this OG with this bunch of people.
But good times come to an end, and after a few days' break it's time for school.
School, after close to three years of not studying.
It's tough, and I tried, and it really wasn't easy.
Or I just haven't been trying hard enough.
I really thought that I studied like I never had during this semester as compared to any of the previous times in school, but somehow it wasn't enough.
It's okay though, we've got seven more semesters coming up and it's time to really do things right now that I get a little more comfortable with life as a university student.
3.5 is a not too bad but not good enough CAP; and from now on I should only see numbers higher than that, much higher than that.
Read my January posts from the past two years.
2012 was just simple because I was still in army and I still had to be in army for 11 more months.
2013 was just a review of my life in 2SIR and finally ORD since that's all my year was about.
No so-called New Year Resolutions, what else can I hope for when I was still in army; and what else can I not hope for when I had just ORDed?
Really didn't want to do this, but I guess no harm just listing down some stuff and maybe at the end of this year coming back to read this post again to laugh at myself and see how many things I've left unchecked on the list...
=*=*=*=*= NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS =*=*=*=*=
Get CAP 5.0; or at least 4+++.
Basically study hard, find out what aspects of Psychology really interests me most, and get superb results for my tests and exams.
Keep fit; or rather, get fitter.
Exercise, exercise, and exercise more. Play basketball, run, whatever.
Sleep early; okay sleep earlier as compared to how late I've been sleeping. Not gonna start the year right by sleeping early though seeing how things are going now.
Continue to catch up with old friends and maintain all my friendships.
Spend more time with family especially my parents.
Sketch more, do more art, create; basically continue to express myself the way I want to and hopefully come up with something that can harness my interests.
And learn more and improve, definitely.
Work and earn $$$ during my break.
Be a damn good OGL for Arts O Week, or at least a damn good senior.
Also conduct Fledgling Week to the best it can be.
Help out the Troop more, in whatever ways I can afford to.
To be the best that I can be.
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Here's hoping that 2014 will be a really amazing and magical year to everyone out there!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Byeall.