Sunday, January 26, 2014

Organizational.

It's four more days to Chinese New Year!!
Nothing really much to get excited about though...
Especially when it's Week Three of school too and tutorials are starting already.

Week Two was similar to Week One, a bit of trying to do something and a lot of doing nothing.
There are still several significant events worth mentioning though.
Shall go by chronologically as usual and see what comes up.

Monday was simply one lecture; not sure what I did after that though hmm.
Ohh went to library to find Vincent and Hui Min to study after lecture, then Vincent sent me back to UTown at 5plus where I continued to study for quite a while more at bux with Chan.
Probably the only and most productive day throughout the week.
And the work accomplished was one chapter of developmental psychology, the first chapter.

Yes just the first chapter.
But whatever.

Went back at like 7plus for dinner and then checked out the tutorial balloting results, got all I wanted although my timetable still seem screwed up even in that case.
Well I don't really have a choice now, just gotta stick with it for the rest of the semester and make the best out of it.

Tuesday morning was basketball session with Wan Kei and Chwan Rong, as well as a few others from CAPT who are participating in the ICG as well.
It was probably why I manage to be in the team though I missed out on the trials that was conducted on Thursday, luckily the captain came down to play on Tuesday with us as well.
Then it was lunch followed by going over to arts to read up on my IEM readings before heading back for IEM.
IEM is seriously no joke sigh.
Met Zhang Wang after that to sell him my PL2131 textbook and also dinner together at CAPT.
And without any plans after that, I was just lost and gone throughout the night.
Slept for like an hour plus and then didn't manage to accomplish anything either before going to bed late at night.

PL2132 lecture on Wednesday, then lunch followed by a trip to the library to wait for Jerome so that I can buy the MKT textbook from him.
Met Jasper on the way, rare occasion so dragged him to the library where we just lepaked and watched YouTube videos for quite some time, some magical math-related channel.
Went back to Deck to meet Jerome for the book and Shi Kai came by after his lecture ended.
And out of nowhere Chan and Velda appeared with a small red velvet cake for Jerome to celebrate his birthday.
Wow just cool.
Continued to chill around Deck for a while more before Jerome went for his lecture with his friend and Velda finally passed the flag shirt to me.
Went to the library with Chan even though I wasn't in the mood to study at all, but just really couldn't think of anything else to do.
Ohh and Alan is back in Singapore and in NUS that day!
He was in arts but headed to UTown to find Jia Hao already though, so since I was already in the library I might as well do something, and then I went to print out all my stuff notes slides etc.
Went back to UTown after that and finally met Alan omg.
After all these years.
Like around 8 years at least since I last saw him?
And almost 10 years after we graduated from Pri Sch.
Just 10 years ago we were only preparing for our PSLE still, how time flies...

Lepak in the lounge and then shifted to JH's room until 6plus before deciding to head out for dinner.
Was trying to contact CK all the while and finally we got out after confirming with him where to meet up for dinner.
Went to Plaza Sing and had dinner at Ambush, hmm just alright I guess, not exactly great but still okay.
Then we walked out a bit for Rochor Beancurd as dessert after dinner.
And following that was dessert round 2 at Merely Ice-Cream.
Then it was finally time to head home as we split from Alan and took MRT to I forgot where and then taking bus all the way back to UTown.
Went to run with JH after that and then chill on top of ERC before finally going back to sleep and to get ready for the long day the next day.

8am MKT lecture on Thursday.
Even though I slept at 2plus, the prof was so interesting that I was able to stay awake throughout the lecture.
Seems like I really gotta try hard to do well for this module.
Then it was just chilling at Deck with Melvin and Aizhen 'cause it doesn't seem like any of us can do any work anyway, I think.
Or probably just because I really wanted to just stay around there and do nothing.
Natalie came by at around 11 and we had lunch together before she went for lecture, Melvin went to set up his Psych Camp Interview at CLB and Aizhen and I just went to Forum.
And a while after trying to do work we soon realize that nothing is gonna get done anyway.
Also there's the NUS Boxing Exhibition Match so we watched for quite a while too.
Went for lecture at 2pm and after that accompanied Aizhen for a while before her interview and then went back to UTown.
Repacked my bag and headed out to try and study for a while before meeting the rest for dinner before going Teoheng yay.
And the rest basically means the seniors, just because the other two Year 1s ended up deciding to not go for it.
But well it's okay I'm more or less used to hanging out with the seniors anyway.
Had fun for the night before Vincent sent me back to UTown.
Probably didn't do anything at all after that as well and then it's bedtime again.

Fri woke up in time to have breakfast before breakfast time is over, really almost wanted to just sleep in but that's just too much time wasted and money wasted as well on the meal plan.
Got out of UTown to do my IEM readings at CLB and I still spent much time doing random stuff before actually reading the article.
Lunch with Mervin, Vincent, Zai and Amirul and then basically just sat at Deck talking doing nothing much chilling out until time's up and I'm supposed to head back to UTown.
Then it's finally the class I've been waiting for the whole day and the whole week actually and school's done for the week!
Had dinner just after that before going up and doing nothing much again, then having a second dinner at around 9pm.
Got back up and started cleaning and packing up my room, took a shower and just waited for Dad to pick me up as usual.
Got home, TV, blah blah blah.

Yesterday was another day burnt on Scouting, went to HQ for the Pilot Programme Workshop 1 which ended at about 5pm.
Came back to the east and went to walk a little at Bedok Mall in a quite last minute attempt to shop for CNY clothes.
Nothing much there so came back to Tampines to spend my UrbanWrite voucher on this little nice awesome notebook for the new year ahead.
Actually it's more like too expensive than nothing much, but well anyways...
Same case in Tampines as well.
Just no sale on pants when pants is the very thing I'm looking for.
Got home, dinner, did nothing as usual, DotA with RW and then supper time as well as 小资女孩向前冲 time.
The drama really became a staple of my time at home.
Missed one episode last Sat due to Scouts though arghh...

Supposed to do my reading and first draft for IEM Paper 1 today.
Ended up still haven't read anything yet now.
But I sort of organized myself better.
Brainstormed for quite a while on how to really make good use of my new little nice notebook and I hope I will carry on doing what I'm supposed to do with it and make use of it.
Read up on it as well as Microsoft OneNote in an attempt to utilize OneNote.
Still a little bit unclear on how I can really maximize its functions though, as well as don't know why is it not syncing well.
Not sure how OneNote 2010, OneNote for Windows 8.1, as well as OneNote mobile for Android can work altogether but shall figure my way out.
For now at least my OneNote 2010 on my laptop is doing well and totally seems like a damn fine way to organize and sort my school work out.
After importing all my ppt slides, notes and stuff, it's just like whatever is in my Dropbox folder is categorized nicely as they are, in a virtual notebook that I can browse through and view easily anytime.
The problem is syncing it with my desktop and my phone, but hopefully it works out fine.
Getting organized is possibly one of the most underrated yet extremely helpful thing that can aid in your productivity.
Instead of thinking how to do more work, how to motivate yourself etc, getting organized is possibly the first step in helping yourself know what you need to do, what you want to do, how to do it, and stuff like that.
Powerful huh.

Anyways, it's getting late and I've yet to shower, eat, pack, and it's gonna be book-in time soon.
Ohh and I've yet to do my IEM too.
Gotta really chiong that later on, not really keen to leave it till tomorrow either.

May this week be a great week for all, and let's prepare to celebrate Chinese New Year!













Byeall.