Friday, May 09, 2014

Summer is here.

It's been a while.

Looking back, the two weeks seemed to flash past me; but thinking back, it was a long stretch to survive.
What can I say.
Sem 2 was gruesome, to a certain extent.

Really kinda hard to tell how well I did for finals.
But hopefully whatever my results are, they will surpass my expectations.
Then again, it's pretty easy for that to happen when you have low expectations.

Nothing much to document for the past two or three weeks since it's been studying, studying and even more studying and almost nothing else.
Stayed in for the longest time ever and when I finally got home last night the thing I did most before coming back to CAPT just now was to sleep.
Sleep is good.
Hopefully with sufficient amount of sleep in the coming days, I will be ready for summer.
Just as summer is ready for me.


I thought that I felt genuinely happy when the invigilator announced "stop writing" on my last paper on i Monday.
I just couldn't wait for it.
Perhaps it's because I already knew what to do right after that.
To go to the court and enjoy playing basketball for the first time in more than a month.

Then at night I just started feeling lost.
Not that I did not anticipate that feeling, but I didn't expect it to come so fast.
I didn't really know what to do at that time.
And then I realized I didn't really know what to do for the next few weeks.

My summer, or at least June, is rather packed with Arts Camp and Scouts camp.
And May will be preparation for both.
But what sort of preparation?
And what about the rest of the time?
Reading, watching shows, playing ball, sketching etc.
But with no concrete plans sometimes it just seems so hard to get started with anything.
Should I even go work.
Or can I even find a job that can accommodate my schedule.
Maybe just some short term part-time jobs to at least get some income.
Really spending a lot since school started and it's kinda saddening to see your bank account decreasing and never increasing at all.

Started reading "Outliers" today and ended up falling asleep after 20 minutes or so.
But I guess it's really an interesting book that I won't mind reading.
Started reading 等一个人咖啡 just now too.
The movie's coming out later this year so I guess it will be good if I get to finish the book before catching the movie.
If I read both books consistently I'll probably be able to finish both in the next two or three weeks.

Started watching 我和僵尸有个约会2 just before my first paper.
Continued after finals ended and am already at episode 10.
Shall try not to chiong too much and take time to slowly complete the series by maybe end-June or so.
Or even until July.
Still got Criminal Minds to complete as well.
Not sure if I wanna start on other shows but shall see how.
Perhaps reading books will be a better hobby than watching shows.
And even if I wanna watch shows maybe I should start with catching up on movies that I've wanted to watch but missed out in the past.

Speaking of movies, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is out and a few days ago I suddenly had this feeling that I'll have nobody to watch the movie with.
Only managed to catch like less than five movies since Uni started, if I remember correctly.
Well shall just see how about it.
As good as this movie might be, it's probably not a must-go-to-the-theatres kind of show.
Would still probably download it and watch it at home in the future.

And I always wanted to just meet up with friends, especially old friends, people whom I've not met for a while, just to catch up, chit chat and stuff.
Not the gathering kind, maybe just a few people, or even just two persons, hanging out and finding out how each other has been for the past however long we've not met.
As much as I miss many of my friends from before, I wonder who think the same and would be willing to take out the time to meet up with me.
But if I allow that to prevent me from taking the first step by asking them out, then how can I be sure that they don't feel the same way and are hoping that their friends would take the time to meet them?
Shall just keep this in mind for now still.

I wonder how frequent will I get to play ball after I move out from CAPT.
Really glad to have ball buddies since joining ICG and it sort of reignited my passion for basketball.
It's sad that most of them won't be around by the time Year 2 starts for me, but hopefully I'll get to meet new people to play with, perhaps through joining IFG if I can make the team.
Gotta exercise and train up running to get ready for IPPT as well.
Can't make the same mistake again by dragging for too long and end up not having enough time and motivation to train for the Gold.
Just gotta cut down 30s or so.
And of course continue to train my legs and arms as well, since I'm already so close to 20 chin-ups I guess it only makes sense to try and aim for 25 chin-ups now.
Laziness is really a big obstacle to overcome though.

Wifi was really good until I started typing and I'm slowly getting pissed at how unstable it is now.
Shall just stop here and watch show before sleeping.
Gotta wake up early tomorrow to catch Blazers-Spurs and probably to play ball in the afternoon.
FW meeting on Sat morning and most likely checking out by Sat afternoon and then it's home-sweet-home and time to really plan for summer and beyond.










Byeall.