How can I move on...
And with just a single post in the whole of February,
we're already reaching halfway through March with this next post.
Field Camp's finally over.
And this should mean that things will get easier from now on,
with just the 16km route march, UO and 24km march towards POP remaining.
Less than a month to POP.
Less than a month to OCS Comms Parade, where many of my friends will finally commission to be an officer.
Less than a month to the big 2.
Finally no longer a teenager.
And this is exactly just what I fear.
Many people couldn't wait to grow up,
do things they couldn't have done,
work in the outside world, interact with people from everywhere and the list goes on.
Me, I'm just simple, I rather stay as a child.
People often only realize how precious something is after they've lost it.
But I've never once thought that I would rather stay an adult rather than a child.
Perhaps I'm just scared of the responsibilities and roles one have to take as an adult,
and rather escape from the life everyone is leading.
But never really once since young have I thought about how great growing up is gonna be.
Well and now we're all grown up.
Just too bad that no matter what you think, life goes on and the cycle continues.
Earth doesn't stop spinning because of a single thought and
the great cycle of nature carries on and on every second.
The only thing is, how do we stay on track and advance forward with the world
instead of constantly turning back and getting stuck in the process.
The trick is actually not to look far ahead but just in front.
Of course, having foresight is good, but too much of it might instead cause you to lose sight of what's just in front of you.
And to live life to the fullest, it actually means to live it to the best you can every moment possible.
And it means to start living now.
We all like to prepare.
To feel prepared for something, prepare for next stage of life, prepare for school, prepare for work.
But while we're busy preparing for what's coming up next,
we often neglect what's happening right now.
"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."
-- John Lennon
And the quote by John Lennon is just the best description for what's happening to many people.
So what am I supposed to do at this stage of my life?
While still in NS, there seem to be not much I can do currently,
except to do my best for everything I'm supposed to do in NS.
And the next stage after I ORD?
That many many months of nothingness before Uni life actually starts for me.
It might still seem far ahead for me,
but I can already imagine my life a year later if I go on like this.
Really need some time to think about and plan out my post-ORD pre-Uni life.
Perhaps not now, maybe months later.
These few days had been a good break for me,
even though I can't say that I've done anything much for myself.
Went to ball, visited Job Week Camp, pretty nothing much else.
Nothing much else other than constant staring at my computer.
Tried to catch up with some of my friends over Facebook.
Glad to see them still doing well, be it in the army or in university.
I've always thought that most people I've met I still treat them as friends and
as long as they need my help I'll try as much as possible to assist them.
Even for those who I've not contacted for years,
those who I might only talk to once every few months.
But what I really want to do is to speak to every single one of them.
Be it just to confirm if they still treat me as a friend,
just to check up how they're doing,
or perhaps to fulfill my curiosity of how people's lives are like compared to me and any others.
In this world, they're always times where someone just have to step out to put in that little effort to get things going.
I guess this has been a long enough post to make up for all the lack of blogging over the weeks.
And it's so wonderful that there's actually little mention about my army life here.
Well, still, I'll have to be back in camp on Tues night.
Following that, it's just three more weeks to POP.
Then life's gonna change much again.
Nine months remaining, and we all hope we do all we can.
And I actually didn't even attempt to sketch that much during these few days.
What a fail again.
Just hope that after I ORD, I'll have the discipline to sketch much much more frequently.
Still waiting for Sony Walkman Z to come out in Singapore,
and I really do hope it's gonna be released in April.
If not, it'll just prove to be too much of a wait.
However, being able to survive so far without any entertainment devices,
how much more can be too much for me anyway?
NUS Open House next week.
Think I should go and take a look.
Think I should go and take a look.
Still can't decide whether NTU or NUS.
Is it NUS FASS to Psychology or CNM, or NTU Psychology or WKW School of Comm and Info?
Or even NTU School of ADM to go for Visual Communication?
Too bad I've already missed the NTU Open House, perhaps I'll just have to ask my friends in NTU about their courses.
But basically these are pretty much the few choices I would take.
Just depends on what do I actually want to do for a living in the future.
Well at least I still can try taking a double major or minor in one of those to broaden my knowledge too.
And no matter how much life's gonna change in the upcoming months,
I do wish that I'll be able to get through everything smoothly,
for after all, what I want is just to live an easy life.
Byeall.