Monday, September 10, 2012

From the past, to the future.

Army Half Marathon today.
Well our battalion ran only 5km though.
And that's why I might as well not run at all, simply ran quite a bit before walking for the rest of the 'race'.
The 'race' which I didn't even complete.

Anyway was just waiting for the whole event to end so that I can meet my section mates from BMT and SCS Foundation.

Highlight of the day.

After such a long period of time in army, the time I spent with them seemed so insignificant and short compared to other phases of my army life.
However, it's the quality and not the quantity that matters and the times we had would never be forgotten, at least not by me.

To me, having such a fantastic section just after enlistment is like a gift from heaven.
And at that time I seriously thought very highly of our section, even if now it does not seem that everyone has accomplished as much.
Still, it was a section filled with fun, joy and laughter, helpful people, and friends you would definitely want in your first nine weeks in army.
We had all grown so much, even more so in each of our own specific areas that we were posted to.
And we were all from everywhere in Singapore.
Yet come this date, 10th Feb 2011, and we were all the same, gathered together to live with one another for nine weeks and some for even longer before we were split.
2SIR might have been the place I've stayed the longest in my NS, SCS might have been where I went through the most, especially in Pro Term.
But BMT brought me into army, changed my life completely, and allowed me to meet these bunch of people.
We might not have always meet up, hang out, talk with one another.
But we share the same memories starting out in the army and I believe these are the memories that will still stay with me forever.

Thank you army, thank you Viper, Viper Platoon 3 Section 2.
Hope that we can all meet up together again, every single one from the section.



All these aside, we're really less than three months to our ORD.
And the topic which would followed that should be university.
Nice that Kelvin and YG are both in FASS with me.
I might change my choice next year, but I doubt I'll really do that though.
Would be cool if all three of us major in psychology too, since YG's already set his mind on that as well.
At least I know I'll still somehow be able to keep in contact with my army friends even in uni thanks to them.
And yes, ORD will definitely make me feel lost once more.
Just like how army came and took over my life, gave me a complete different lifestyle, ORD is gonna do the same thing to us once more.
And after living in such a regimental, army life for two years, I always believed it'll be hard to live like how I did in the past.
This will be true no matter how much you tell yourself that you just want to get out of army and live as a civilian.
Well, at least this will be true for me, and anyone who spent time in army meaningfully instead of constantly trying to chaokeng do nothing be a loser and so on.

But before these three months' time is up, I must really try to plan my schedule nicely and keep myself occupied well so that I can continue to live meaningfully after ORD.
Make use of all the time I could have before going university, so that I'll continue to improve much as well.
This is always what I said, and to make a list of to-do things after ORD is always the best way to start.

However, maybe I still don't feel it yet like how some others are in the mood already.
Perhaps when the day comes even nearer, I'll be pushed to really start working out how my life after ORD should be like.
And the day I breathe freedom once more, shall mark the day I start working hard for myself.










Byeall.