Saturday, September 15, 2012

Same old rhythm.

Guard duty tomorrow.
Why do I feel like I'm having a short weekend for every alternate weekend.
Sigh.

The ORD mood is seriously getting into many of us.
Not to me though, but I've still got to fight my laziness to get things done.
Yes, I don't ever think the ORD mood will get to me, if there's anything stopping me from doing my work, it'll probably just be my own laziness, as usual, as always.

Then again, it's refreshing to see number slowly dropping by one every time we book out.
And from counting down by weeks, we would soon start our countdown by days.
People should really use this as a form of motivation for them to make even more full use of their remaining time in army to do something meaningful, than to see it as an excuse to stop putting in effort at all.
Really though trying to just motivate the men, and now we've got even greater problems when the commanders see no point in doing work as well.
Well I still believe that we are all here for a reason, and no matter how reluctant you can seem to be in doing work, I know the good in us naturally will push us on as long as we're still here.

Realized that I've haven't been out for ages.
Actually it's just more of haven't been to the theatres.
Haven't met up with Chandan they all for quite a while already.
And I don't even talk to them that much for all this time that we're not meeting up.
Should really catch up with some old friends to find out how they've been doing though.
And to me friends are not defined by how often you talk to them, hang out with them; but by the fact that they will be there for you whenever you need them.
There's this big bunch of people I've not talked to in ages, but I do still treat every single one of them as my friends and anytime they need me, I'll do my best to help.
Not sure if everyone sees this the same way as me, or treat me as a friend like I do to them, but it doesn't really matter as long as I carry on with this mindset I guess.

Now I also begin to wonder how many friends from army would I have after we all go separate ways after our ORD.
The guys in 2SIR are the ones I spent the most time with, the guys from BMT and Foundation are the ones I started my army life with, and there're still many from Pro Term which I've gone through shit with and at least had a good talk, spent great times with before.
Would really be a pity if I've just stop talking to them for life, considering that we had all once gone through the same shit with each other before.
And talking to ZH last night with her mentioning something like this allow me to realize that it's normal to think this way.
Still, spending too much time to think about the past isn't a very wise thing to do all the time since there's even more to consider about in the future.
It doesn't hurt that once in a while we put ourselves back into our past to reminiscence the times we had though.

Sometimes, it's not the places, but the people.
And even at other times, it's not the people, but the memories.

Slept the first half of the day today away.
Always same thing happen, always regret not waking up.
Why the hell do I even need more than 9, 10 hours of sleep every weekend?
Even if it's to make up for lack of sleep during weekdays, it's too much isn't it.
Especially since I'm booking in tonight, I've gotta learn to cherish the daytime at home even more.
Though it's not like I've got any plans for the day too....
Perhaps I should finish my last two episodes of Sherlock and get started with Alcatraz.
And then there's still the Arsenal match tonight which I'm still considering to watch or not.
I guess life after army will be pretty much spent on watching shows, reading and such, seeing how much I hate to spend my time on these thinking that I would be able to invest my time in a more meaningful way, yet finally realizing how untrue that is.

1708hours.
Less than 8 hours to booking in.
That's a lot of shit I can do now if I would just end my post here at this point.













Byeall.