Sunday, September 09, 2012

Outfield Week, out of so many weeks.

The so-called tough week is over.
Toughest week in many many weeks.

But still not comparable to other days and training phases.

ATP on Monday, actually quite an easy day since we just have to go and shoot and not do anything else.
Still, it's relatively tiring after weeks of not going outfield.
Didn't feel too well in the morning though, possibly because of my lack of sleep the night before.
Grabbed the chance to have a good nap before lunch and felt just okay after that.
Went back to camp at around 2plus and only managed to settle down, shower, eat and finally sleep at 4.30am.
Intended to wake up at 8am to clean arms, but failed to in the end since I never really wanted to clean arms anyway.
Only woke up hours later, had lunch, went to CO dialogue and then blah blah blah random stuff and that's all for the day.
Force preped myself a little for the following day, Platoon Prof Test, then tried to have an early night.

And so it's finally Prof Test day.
Did the usual stuff, headed out and started to dig our shellscrapes.
Didn't really think much of the Prof Test even though we had not been out in the field for so long.
Well but I actually quite miss outfield just before we went out, and felt a little bit excited too.
So the typical routine started, and I just went around making sure things are right before resting a little here and there.
The day went on and the night came, so damn dark and I took the chance to rest more since I thought that nothing much would happen at night.
Finally came the time to break conc, I started much earlier than the stipulated time and by the time most other people started to break conc, I was pretty much done and so was my section.
Had around an hour to spare and with my section's bottles even filled already too, I went on to take an hour's nap before getting woke up by the movements of other sections.

It's movement time and I was pretty much just thinking about how we would be back in camp in 12hours' time.
Never did I realized how shagged this movement phase can be and how desperate I was to see the sunlight upon us.
After reaching Charade and a little further, we got semulah-ed and walked all the way back to Datsun, the Startline.
Worse still, the H-Hour is still the same so it means that we'd probably miss it already.
PC seemed kinda stressed with OC nagging by his side all the time, and within an hour's time I was so tired out to even try and help him anymore.
Seriously I would say the toughest movement phase of any training I've done in army.
So much wanted to just give up sigh.
But luckily I didn't.
No one would let me anyway.

Somehow horlan here and there everywhere then somehow managed to got close to the objective at 5plus.
Managed to walk till 100m to enemy objective and PC briefed us about the plans.
50m in, we stopped by and after the final briefing we finally crept in and lined out.
We somehow met the H-Hour by the way.
The attack commence and due to us assualting from the back, the enemies were wiped out in an instant.
Still, it wasn't supposed to be like that and even though PC changed the direction of assault we somehow still just continue with the mission.
Re-org, received instructions, and carried with the next mission across the road.
Finally done, and it was just 8plus.
Wondered what will happened next and who could've guessed that we were done already.
Finally headed to camp after one of the most shagged training I've been through.

The rest of the day were pretty much spent for recovery and nothing else.

Friday, woke up just in time to pack my stuff and booked out to SAFRA Yishun for air weapons training.
Really feel kinda tired of going there since I'm not there to train myself.
Still, it's a chance to allow me to book out early so it's not that bad.
Wonder if I can book out early though if the men were to book in back even after the training...

Wasted today away.
First by finally getting out of bed at 4pm.
Then doing nothing but sitting here staring at my computer for the past who knows how many hours.
Hope that tomorrow would be spent more meaningfully though, with AHM in the morning then meeting up with SCS Foundation's section after that for a meal and possibly more.
Monday too, should be spent nicely.
Would be good to play ball some time.
There should be time in camp next week though.
And this shall mark the start of a new phase of training, motorization will begin in 2SIR soon.









Byeall.