Saturday, June 01, 2013

Understanding thoughts.

First of June today.

Been absent here for almost three weeks already.
Take away the week I went Hanoi, two weeks have gone by without blogging.
And then it's June already.

Already entering the end of the first half of year 2013.
Too fast, too soon.


First, let's start off with Hanoi.
Hanoi was really an interesting place to visit.
Not somewhere that comes off your mind as a place to go for holiday, to shop or what; but definitely a place that one should visit at least once in your lifetime.
The sceneries are really breathtaking, and while many other places offer similar sceneries or maybe even better ones, it should be consider an achievement to one if you manage to visit Halong Bay, among many other sights you can see in Hanoi or Vietnam.

And having stayed a night in the boat at Halong Bay, it was definitely an enjoyable experience despite several other issues which made it just slightly less than a 100% experience.

Still, the whole trip, and not just Halong Bay, was indeed time well spent with a good company as well.

Being able to walk around the Old Quarters, visiting and looking at their old architecture, watching the renowned water puppetry show; I can safely say that I've been to Hanoi, Vietnam, and experienced their culture there.

And one of the cultures in the Old Quarters just happened to involve "living dangerously", as one would definitely agree to that once you visit Hanoi at the Old Quarters.
Of course, disappointments such as not being able to enter St Joseph Cathedral exist, as well as the railway station; thought I can probably still visit any railway stations anywhere else since there are plenty in the world anyways.


Ever since being back, it just felt like things are kind of different.

First and foremost, obviously because school exams are over and Scouts' meetings are in again.
And then also, June Camp is coming up as the next big thing and there's still so many things to be done.

Continued my driving lesson after having not done so for two weeks, and there's still FTT in two days' time which I almost did not bother about up till a few days ago.

Gotta go to MJC as external invigilator too, hopefully the job's easy and it will be some quick money for me since I haven't been working at all after the six days temp job at OCBC.
And continuing my streak of having friends' birthday celebrations clashing with Scouts' stuff, just had one yesterday when I'm down for Scouts' meeting, and also two more coming up, both during June Camp.

And I don't know if it's something to be proud of or should I be absolutely irritated by this weird fact.



Well, all I know is I'm feeling kinda lost now and unmotivated to do anything at all.
Feel like I got tons of things to do or can do, but I'm just not doing anything about it because they are not absolutely necessary either.
Probably one of the problems with me, that when there's something big coming up I just cannot focus enough to complete my tasks; when it's just me telling myself that I cannot do so and nothing else is stopping me in actuality.

Well, actuality is sort of a cool word.

Just have to understand and put it into practice, that while planning for the future is important, what's just as important is facing what's right in front and dealing with present issues.

No point looking far beyond ahead when there are obstacles just right in front of you and being too concerned with what's coming up next, you are in turn unable to deal with what's coming onto you now.


Understanding something is one thing, understanding it then changing your actions based on this understanding is another.

Put thoughts into words, words into actions, actions into habits, and eventually it will shape you as a person and your life as well.













Byeall.