Ups and downs.
It was a week of ups and downs.
Couldn't actually remember much just thinking about it, but that's the first thought which came into mind when thinking about the past week.
Shall try to remember and record down as much as possible to see if that's true.
Good thing is, I didn't have any tutorials for the week since I had three during e-learning the week before and for Stats both odd and even-week tutorials only require you to submit an online tutorial after watching the lecture and tutorial webcast, or not.
Hmm now what did I do for Monday...
It was a free day filled with four RPs. FOUR omg.
Don't know why did I torture myself with that but yeah anyway it was over and all is good now.
Met Zhihui and Cherylf for lunch, CK only joined later when his class ended.
Zhihui left by then for her lecture and Cheryl went back to biz lib to study after lunch while CK and I went to CLB.
Studied for a while, didn't do much as usual, before I head out for RP again.
Can't really remember what occurred next but it's most likely finally finishing all my RPs then going back to CLB to study till late.
Ohh I studied with Jason for quite a while before deciding to head back to Utown for dinner.
Got attacked by Chan Yu on the way to bus-stop so joined him and Justus for dinner at Macs although I promised Jia Hao to dinner with him. Sorry Jia Hao. ):
But I couldn't really resist the shaker fries, especially when everyone's talking about it hahah.
Good dinner and we had a mini-mission of stalking Justus after that only to find out that he's really going home lol.
Sort of wasted the 2hours plus instead of studying but time you enjoy spending is not time wasted right so I guess it's okay.
Finally got back and... wanted to say don't know what I did for the night but suddenly remembered that I went for a jog with JH.
At least I didn't pangseh him for the jog hahah but his shin really hurts so we only jogged a shorter distance and just went back up later on.
Wasn't really tiring and it was the only exercise of the week I had, until today.
Guess I really gotta do more exercise every week, other than keeping fit and that it's a proven method for increasing happiness, it's a good way to de-stress as well.
Well, which is also about the same as increasing happiness but not entirely the same anyways.
Seems like I did quite a bit of stuff on Monday, it was a day well spent indeed.
Moving on...
Slept like crazy and woke up damn late just because I just really had to try waking up really late once hahahah.
The latest I ever woke up was still about 9plus and this time I managed to sleep until 11pm.
That's like a whole 9 hours spent just on sleeping. Naise.
Except that I didn't really get a superb sense of satisfaction that I got to sleep so much but whatever it just shows that it's not exactly something useful to do in the future, perhaps except when I really stay up late until like 4, 5am and really need the sleep.
The latest I've stayed up usually was probably 2+? Or maybe 3+ at most?Well except that one time when I had dinner with JH and CK then got back to chill for really quite long before going back to our rooms, slept at 5 or 5plus for that one time I think.
Anyways, got to CLB to study once again, and then saw Chan, Vince and Shi Kai at Deck when I was meeting Mel for lunch there too so just sat together.
Went back to CLB after lunch only to realize that I forgotten to bring my SW prep notes to submit...
Sighhhhhhh really screwed up I wonder why was I so careless that day.
And to think I had 9hours of sleep still zzZ.
Was still thinking that I should lighten the load since I usually only needed my laptop to study and was only there for one lect as well before having to get back to Utown for my Junior Seminar.
Well so I rushed back my room to get the stuff then back to FASS again for the lecture.
Had wanted to just skip it and go for the Thurs lecture instead but SK already took my bag in so yeah...
Thinking back, maybe I should've really skipped it and go for Thurs lect instead...
Anyways lect ended and I went back Utown as usual for my JS, did my discussion leadership, sort of didn't really prepare well for it but still got through anw.
It's a pass/fail mod anyway so I guess I'll just continue doing the bare minimum to pass it.
I've got so many other things that seem to need more of my attention anw sigh.
So that day was really different 'cause we had to catch a play called LIFT Pursuit of Happiness as a class!
Was sorta excited as it was my first time watching a play or even going to something like this.
Got there damn early somehow and just walked around a lil before the play.
It was pretty interesting and I gotta say I enjoyed the play, but was a lil disappointed since I couldn't really make any sense out of it sigh.
Ohh well but sometimes there just isn't so much to understand at all.
Although many factors came into play while creating the play, no pun intended, it's just up to our own perspectives and imagination on what some things are really about and stuff like that.
Bus back to school and reached around 11 or so?
Went back up and not sure what I did but slept after that.
And wow this post is really long, probably the longest after school started and the most detailed one yet accounting for almost everything that happened to me for the past week hahaha.
Three more days to go!
So on Wednesday, woke up early and got to FASS for stats lecture.
Well sometimes I really don't know why I go to lectures because I simply don't listen much or just can't get anything in my head even if I try really hard to.
Alright maybe I didn't try hard enough, but I tried, at least.
And halfway through I find myself just chatting away until the end of the lecture.
And also writing on the birthday card for Tay Lin. Which I didn't write any message anw zzz and didn't manage to decorate much as well.
But good enough I guess, since I was the first to message her last night hahah.
Anw I finally decided to go for CH lect 'cause it's the lectuere's last session before another lecturer takes over after recess week.
Okay but I really regretted it after like 10minutes.
Dozing off just after 10mins and barely somehow survived through after that.
Got back to FASS after that for lunch and I was quite hungry by that time, supposedly.
Ate at deck with Jo-En, well more of she watched me eat 'cause she had lunch already though.
Had Chinese cooked food again 'cause it was still the shortest queue and I don't know why were there still quite a number of people eating even though it was like 2pm already.
Didn't finish my food though really getting bored of the stall zzz oh well I should stop eating from there for like one or two weeks now.
Went to CLB AGAIN to study all the way until evening when everyone got down to meet Velda to head over EWF for Tay Lin's surprise birthday celebrations.
And yeah almost everyone went down from CLB together that shows how mugger we all are.
Well okay actually they all are, not me.
I'm like everyday in the library but everyday simply being extremely unproductive sigh that's why I needed all the extra hours to make up for it.
Anyways, we headed over to EWF while Aizhen brought Tay Lin over.
Good dinner and a good meetup, although there was really few freshies and most were year2s.
Wasn't keen on going for it initially due to that reason though I really had no reason or excuse to not attend lol.
So I still went since everyone who were in the library was going and I got no reason for not joining as well, if not it will turn out like the previous outing at Vivo... but we shall not get to there for now hahah.
Yeah anw Emma and I were like the only O Week freshie? The few others were all from Arts Camp, actually four, including Tay Lin herself and everyone else were year2s.
But it's alright I guess, we're all S1 anyways right.
Our batch of freshies are really weird though, can't see how a Best OG got scattered so quickly like we were never the best together but I guess we sort of still meet each other all the time in the library mugging together sitting separately lol.
Went for ice-cream later on though I didn't have any, had some performances by Amirul Justus and gang then went back to school.
Really wanted to watch UCL Arsenal Marseille at that time.
But I really didn't have the mood to study or do anything so I just nua on the bed until 2plus and it is then I had the stupid idea of having a power nap before the match...
And what a power nap it was, lasting two hours until 4.30am zz.
Checked twitter and saw that Walcott scored and continued sleeping and only woke up at 9plus.
Lights were still on.
Don't really know how I slept but I guess that was a time when I was tired and needed sleep.
So got up and got my stuff, had breakfast and headed over to CLB to study again.
I guess I've talked enough about the ups of the week and this is where the downs begin.
It was still pretty good at the start of the day though, aside from the fact that I missed the Arsenal match.
I got a window seat at the library, for the first time, and it was the furthest in corner somemore.
Quite a small isolated corner for myself and a conducive studying spot, or so I thought.
The problem is, I couldn't really focus and study and felt super sleepy all the time until I went for lunch with Vincent and Jason at around 2 I think.
Ate curry chicken noodles and got back like just before 4? To continue studying.
And my throat started hurting out of nowhere.
I really thought that it was sore throat because it's just this spot that's hurting really badly and it felt like I twisted or sprained it or what.
Well anyway even without that, I was pretty much too distracted to concentrate on studying anyways.
Just quite a bad day to study or even do anything at all sighhhh.
Still stayed till quite late though, trying to make up my unproductiveness with more time spent on studying.
Not sure if it helped or just made myself feel worse though.
Finally decided to head back at 9.
Went up to put my stuff before going down to dining hall only to find out that I just missed dinner time as the dining hall closes just before I reached.
It's as if my day wasn't bad enough already.
So I just got up, ate half a mooncake, emo in my room, showered and attempted to sleep early.
Pretty screwed up day where nothing goes right.
Woke up hoping to have slept my pain away only to realize that I really really am having a bad sore throat.
Spamming water all the way while going for my RP that morning.
Came out and things were still not right as the freakin' dirty headphone dyed my ears black.
Well not so bad that the whole area is black but pretty much so.
Spent some time trying to wash it away before going to central forum to see the crazy crowd queuing for Krispy Kreme donuts which were there for some promotion as it's gonna open in Singapore I think.
Got called there by Zhihui to join her in the queue but she gave up eventually after knowing that it's gonna take a group of 8 to redeem a box of donuts.
Well still went up to meet her in the library as she printed her notes since I had nothing to do and had an hour to spare before my lecture.
Went for SW lect alone later at 12 and was falling asleep just 10mins into lecture... sounds too familiar now.
Somehow managed to survive again, and got awake halfway through and also managed to hear the guest speakers speak.
It's really quite interesting, what they do as social workers but guess it isn't the kind of thing for me.
So I had lunch at Deck later, met Jerome, Vincent and Zai and went CLB to study after that.
And really, the people I see most aside from the psych people are actually all these year2s, really didnt't get to see many of my fellow freshies after O Week in all these weeks, somehow.
Studied all the way, pretty much nothing to say.
Again not exactly productive, and there was this period of time when I felt so sleepy again.
Never fail to feel sleepy in the library but at least I don't fall asleep every single time now.
Finally finished all my chapters of psych at least, got back for dinner then did pretty much nothing until Dad came to bring me home.
And today.
Today was sort of a no-phone day on me, imposed by myself.
Well, managed to not use phone from like 3pm all the way to 11pm so it's pretty good.
I should try to do this more often, perhaps even during weekdays as well.
Then I'll be like MIA all the time but also possibly being able to spend more time doing other stuff which will supposedly be good anw.
Watched TV almost the entire day and also did the psych quizzes, left two for chapter 7 or 8 I think, and the remaining until chapter 10.
Hopefully I'l be able to finish all these as well as all the problem sets by tomorrow.
Then when I get back to school tomorrow night onwards, I'll probably start on the psych assignment or simply revising and studying for mid-terms the following week...
Really gotta do well for this man.
30% mid-term MCQs, 30% for essay assignment.
And by the end of that week, 60% of PL1101E would have been fixed already.
Ohh and I finally gonna buy the textbook for PL2131, should be getting them next Mon so it's all good and I'll be able to study for mid-terms that way.
Did my assignment without textbook though and I thought I did okay for it... hahah.
Seems like I still need the textbooks though.
And there's still social work portfolio to start on haiz, as well as the reflections fo agencies visit next Wed.
And I managed to run today, finally another exercising session for the week after the short jog on Mon.
Ran 2 rounds followed by some pull ups before coming back home to catch the front part of JUMANJI.
Yes Jumanji is showing again on Channel 5. YAY.
Well didn't watch much though since there was 超级歌喉赞 as well and I was pretty much occupied trying to study psych and stuff.
Then it was 我可能不会爱你 again after that.
Each episode of it seems to be reminding me of the remaining time in Sem 1 as well, since it's got 13 episodes and started airing when school started and there's 13 weeks in the semester.
Really a good show and worth me watching it again though so I'm still gonna spend 1.5hour each Saturday catching it.
Balling again tomorrow morning hopefully it's gonna be a good session.
And also that afternoon's gonna be productive for me as well.
Going back again at night and here's hoping, again, that the next few days will generate some good productive studying.
It better be good.
Gotta sleep soon so perhaps I'll just end it here, a really comprehensive post on this week 6 of school and I think the only one who will bother reading this is me, myself and I months or years later down the road when I feel the need to relive some memories or look back at myself at this stage of my life.
And that's the reason why I gotta continue blogging more like this all the time.
Byeall.