Much needed break.
Finally it's recess week.
So many things to talk about for the past two weeks that I was too busy to even blog last weekend.
But at least I sort of gonna have a break now.
Not a break from study, but rather a break to study.
Well anyways ICG 2014 is finally over, at least for me, or us, the CAPT Basketball team.
Really so glad to have joined ICG Basketball which allowed me to make more friends from CAPT who love basketball as well.
It's just a little bit saddening that we didn't manage to even clinch the third place in today morning's matches; but it's even more saddening that among the team I'm probably the only who's still gonna be around by the next ICG in 2015.
Sigh.
Life still goes on and we still have our recess week and midterms and assignments and projects and I guess I don't have to remind everyone anymore.
These two weeks had been awesome though, and to think just two or three weeks ago I was feeling just so busy lazy and simply no mood at all to ball.
But I really feel the urge to train and improve myself now; so that I'll be able to make the IFG team next year, and compete in ICG again in 2015 as well.
And of course just to get better; who doesn't want to improve if given the chance?
Tons of work to do though.
And I really wanna grow taller.
Just that 5-10cm.
10cm is probably impossible though; even growing 5cm is wow already.
So I guess the only way is to further increase my vertical jump.
And that means more training.
I truly hope my life for the rest of the semester will be just studies and basketball.
Anyways it's been a hectic two weeks other than ICG.
Handed up the project proposal for PL2132.
Really a bit doubtful if it's such a good idea to group with your friends for projects; but well we will pull through.
Another two more projects to start working on during the recess week.
And before I really can get down to studying and revising for midterms, I still have these two projects as well as another few assignments to take care of.
University is really no joke man.
O levels and A levels can just step aside now.
Then again, it's really down to your time management, organization as well as prioritizing skills too.
Just have to make sure I know what got to be done first, how to do them, and then just get them done and over with.
Just think about the super long break we gonna get in less than three months' time.
Yes, less than three months.
And that means that finals is coming in less than three months, starting in just over two more months in fact.
Now take some time to get over that.
Okay lets carry on.
Met up with the leaders last weekend as well.
Really don't know how to comment on the things that are going on, and sometimes I really have no time to bother either.
School side isn't really helping and there's nothing much Chandan or I can do seeing at how things are going.
Shall hope for the best and prepare for the worst, as usual.
On a side note, Happy Founder's Day and Happy Thinking Day to all brother Scouts and sister Guides!!
Back then when I just joined Scouting as a Cadet Scout in primary school, one of the very first things my teacher said to us was that, "Once a Scout; Always a Scout."
Even though I can't say that I learnt much as a Cadet Scout, that is still one of the beliefs I hold true till this day.
Aside from all of the above, life's pretty much about me trying to study and failing to do so more often than not.
I managed to find a good nice isolated spot in ERC though, which shall be my new secret super awesome imba studying corner.
And it will be the place where I work my way to CAP 4.5 this semester.
Sian Chelsea just scored in injury time for a 1-0 win against Everton wtheck I thought Everton could hold them back sighhhhhhh Arsenal match starting soon hoping for a good match and as equally important a good stream too so that I can watch.
Anyways back to the point; I've began to believe that UTown is really a nice place to study.
After spending my last semester in CLB most of the time, but not being able to do so this semester thanks to my weird timetable, I'm happy to have discovered my secret studying spot.
Recess week shall just be about training basketball in the morning and extreme mugging in the late night.
Thanks to my already irreversible screwed up body clock, I'll most probably have to sleep in the afternoon instead.
Seems like a good plan for the week ahead.
And once I can get my engine started, it will hopefully carry me through for the remaining seven weeks and through finals too.
Reality often doesn't coincide with your ideals though.
Just have to constantly remind myself of what I really want to achieve so that I can keep myself on track.
And NOC actually sounds like a pretty good experience now, after hearing a bit from people who went for it.
Shall really consider my plans for the next two years after this semester.
This summer then will perhaps be my last full involvement in Arts Camp; better make it a damn good and memorable one as the OGL.
NOC or SEP, or summer school... hmm so many options but I've got to have the ability to go for them in the first place.
Obviously results play a certain role as well so the best thing is to just focus and get a damn good CAP this semester first then talk bah.
Match starting in few minutes' time.
#COYG
Byeall.