Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Just Tuesdays

Realized that I failed to blog in the last weekend.
Well it's no wonder that I didn't blog since I was busy chionging my school work.
First time that I actually did so much work over the weekend at home 'cause I really had no choice.

Shall just try to recall what happened in Week 7, when school re-opens after a short week of break for us.
And I'm just blogging now since it doesn't seem like I can do any work today.


So the second half of Year 1 Sem 2 got started as we head back to school for lectures and tutorials.
Well it somehow felt like there's not much difference, maybe due to the slack timetable I have or the fact that life's pretty much just about studying the entire day through the night rinse and repeat motion over and over again since Recess Week.
Felt a bit no life but the worse part is when I don't even do that well in my studies sigh.

Had my two only midterms last week.
Stats was just well I don't know what to say because the paper is so different from the two past year papers that I got my hands on; and abnormal is just so PL1101E again, testing things that are so minute and making it seem like you just have to swallow the textbook whole to do well for the paper.
I really thought I had it covered enough when I read the textbook so much and did all the practice quizzes.
I seriously just need more practice quizzes and stuff because reading and re-reading and then re-re-reading is not gonna help much for me apparently.
Making notes might be useful but they're just too time-consuming inefficient and not worth it when I only use them for like one semester and that's all.
For abnormal the chapters which got test are not even gonna come out during the finals.
A good thing that there will only be MCQ for the finals though.
Ohh and abnormal presentation tomorrow, just gotta do well for this and also somehow craft out a good research report assignment and really study like mad for finals and hopefully get an A for this module.
Not so sure about other modules though...

Other than midterms it's pretty much nothing else significant last week.
Been studying like every night at ERC.
Even now I'm here.
Okay but not the studying part though.
Tuesdays are just bad.

Anyways the week finally ended and I started to brainstorm like mad on what to do for developmental psych term paper on Friday.
Ended up with nothing started but at least I got sort of an idea.
Went back home and not sure what I did for Friday but Saturday was totally dedicated just for the term paper.
Even switched off my phone the entire day to cut myself off any distractions.
It actually felt good doing that though, to be not-so-contactable and to be able to not give a shit about anything else.
Well technically people can still get through to me via Facebook or Twitter so it's not like I'm completely uncontactable if there's really anything so urgent as well.
Finally finished the term paper past midnight and wanted to start working on the abnormal slides.
Took a break for a while and decided to lie on the bed for half an hour before continuing with work.
Then I fell asleep.

It was 4.30 to 5am.

Well anyways woke up the next day and this time spent half the day on the slides.
Bulk of the time on animations actually.
And I woke up with a scar on my right cheek.
I don't know how the hell it got there but sigh my face.
Really no idea what the heck happened but whatever.

Got back CAPT at night and Monday was poof over and same goes for Tuesday.
Tuesdays are really bad though.
Just can't seem to get any work done at all zzzZ.
And I seriously need to plan my timetable well and the way I want it to be for the next semester.
It's okay we are all learning and for these two semesters I've learnt various lessons since becoming a student once more.
It's just about absorbing the experiences and using them to ensure that we don't make similar mistakes in the future.



Now that I think back about it, I don't really know what happened in Sem 2.
I mean, Sem 1 was so much fun.
Maybe I didn't do much too, but I got to just sit around with people, talk to them, study in the library and stuff.
I see so many people everywhere i go.


I don't know if everyone just got busier or what.
But I guess this can be simply explained by the fact that life happened.
We all move on I guess.
Well, maybe not truly move on, for some, but most people do.
Because we have to.
And sometimes it seems as if we are just always moving but never moving on.
It's not like we have a choice though.

I guess, I just don't take such things well.
I don't ever deal with them well, and I doubt that I ever will.
But things change.
People change.
Feelings change.
We can't simply stay the way we are all the time and expect everything to go in our way.
Because this is life.

The fact that we can do nothing about it is just so
sad to me.
And being caught in this overflowing unnecessary stream of thoughts is drowning me.
But I'll have to get out, no matter what.
Life goes on when I'm trapped in this vortex of my own consciousness.

And what's the point of typing all these out if it doesn't change a thing at all?
I don't know, I really don't.
But perhaps at times I just need to clear out my mind a little, allow myself to see things a bit clearer.
And after that, just carry on with life like people do.
Just move on like how everyone is supposedly doing so.

||

I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore.
It's just that there are times like this, that these thoughts appear, and I have to get them out of my mind somehow to prevent them from tripping myself over.


And with Arts Camp in mind, I don't know how enjoyable this semester will continue to be.
That's another matter to talk about which I'll leave for the next time I guess.
But it's probably something that I really have to write out too.
Best just means nothing if it doesn't last.

Arsenal-Bayern later.
Still considering if I should watch or not although I'd really want to watch it if I'm awake later.
But if I do decide to watch it, the stream better not suck.

Every week there's bound to be a point in time when the thought of 'I just want this week to be over soon' rises up in your mind.
It might be on Monday, it might be midway through the week on a Wednesday, or it might be Friday morning and you just can't wait for the day to be done to signal the end of the week.
But come next week don't you get the same thought again?
But do you really want everything to be over so soon?
Of course the three months break is gonna be a damn good rest time but I can't help getting saddened by the fact that our freshman year just gonna be over like that and I don't even think I've done much at all.
Regrets are only for the people who have too much time to spare though. 
When summer comes my main goals are probably just to run a good June Camp as well as do an awesome job as a OGL for Arts Camp.

And then look forward to Year 2; and being old.
Really gotta plan ahead once this semester is over.
SEP is a really good opportunity and people have been recommending it; NOC seems like a pretty fabulous alternative to it as well, but only if I can get in.
Okay that applies for both though.
Which means I really got to get my CAP up to around 4 by this semester and maintain it that way by the end of this year.

Time really flies.

And it's not just that I've already been sitting here for 4 hours yet accomplish nothing; but the fact that we're just 6/7 weeks to our finals, approximately 3 months to Arts Camp, I'm less than a month to my 22nd birthday, and that we are all going to be sophomores in less than half a year later.

It's not how much time we've got left that matters though, really, it's how we spend them.

I think that should be about all that I've wanted to say, for now.
I should just really blog more when I have all these thoughts that are crashing into my brain and causing it to not function at a level that I would like it to be.
Really.

But all in all, Tuesdays really suck and I really gotta find some way to make my Tuesdays better.

Shall get back, eat something, and just rest up until the match later.
#COYG

And wishing everyone the best for the rest of the week; hang in there before we get to breathe just a bit again when the much anticipated weekend finally arrives.












Byeall.